We’re wrapping up the year with twenty-one early Christmas presents. In this edition of Dovetail in the Details, I’ll be sharing little but powerful changes to help insights pack a punch, connect Dovetail to your workflow, and transcribe smoother than ever.
Everyone knows the best things come in small packages, so let’s dive in.
When it comes to inspiring your team to solve customer problems, Dovetail insights are key. We’ve made formatting engaging insights easier. Plus, it’s now more accessible for your team to track and discover their next insight.
1. Content added to insights will automatically sit in a layout
2. Published insights are now non-editable by default
3. Discover more insights at the bottom of published insights
4. Discover following published insights more easily with a new bell icon
5. Unfurl Dovetail links as reference cards in insights
6. View all published insights within a specific folders’ projects*
Don’t let anything get in the way of your team and the customer. Bring insights to where your team already work with more powerful previews and integrations.
7. Unfurl links in Dovetail from Google Drive, Miro, Mural, and Notion
8. Get a more detailed text preview of Dovetail highlights in Notion
9. Play highlights in Slack, Notion, Microsoft Teams, and Atlassian tools
10. Create a new note straight from Slack
Every moment between your conversation and analysis risks valuable insights slipping through the cracks. Don’t waste time trying to recollect your thoughts by analyzing in Dovetail right away.
11. Video captions are always legible as they scale to window size
12. We’ll auto-detect language for transcription
13. 10+ new transcription languages launched
14. Transcribe files automatically when imported into a note
Keep your projects tidy and organised for you and your team. We’ve made navigating between projects and folders easier and more intuative.
15. Don’t lose your scroll position when your return to a project or folder
16. Choose which folder you want to install a blank project or template into
17. Pinned projects have a fresh, clean new look
18. Managers can pin folders in a workspace for everyone to find
19. Quickly join a new workspace when opening a shared link
20. New “Your work” page to access recent and favorite projects
21. Cut your teams learning curve with Dovetail Academy—now live
*for Business and Enterprise customers only