This Acceptable Use Policy (“Policy”) is incorporated into and forms part of Dovetail’s Master Subscription Agreement (“MSA”) and User Terms of Service (“User Terms”). Unless indicated otherwise in this Policy, all defined terms have the same meaning given to those terms in the MSA or User Terms. We reserve the right to update this Policy from time to time.
As part of your use of the Services, you agree to the restrictions, prohibitions and obligations set out in this Policy.
You agree not to do any of the following:
(1) Post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any Customer Data that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any person or entity; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances;
(2) Use, display, mirror or frame the Services, or any individual element within the Service, Dovetail’s name, any Dovetail trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without Dovetail’s express written consent;
(3) Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Services, Dovetail’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Dovetail’s providers;
(4) Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any Dovetail system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
(5) Defame, disparage, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as of privacy and publicity) of others, including any other user of the Services or staff of Dovetail;
(6) Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by Dovetail or any of Dovetail’s providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Services;
(7) Attempt to access or search the Services or download content from the Services through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by Dovetail or other generally available third party web browsers;
(8) Send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail or junk messages, spam, chain letters or other form of solicitation (including sending invitations to use the Services to the mobile numbers of people you do not know or from whom you have not received consent to such contact);
(9) Use or disclose any Dovetail Confidential Information of Dovetail, except as otherwise explicitly set forth herein.
(10) Use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a Dovetail trademark, logo URL or product name without Dovetail’s express written consent;
(11) Use the Services for any commercial purpose or the benefit of any third party or in any manner not permitted by this Policy;
(12) Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Services to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
(13) Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Services;
(14) Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Services;
(15) Collect or store any personally identifiable information from the Services from other users of the Services without their express written permission;
(16) Impersonate, attempt to impersonate, or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
(17) Violate any applicable national, federal, state, local or international law or regulation; or
(18) Encourage or enable any other individual or entity to do any of the foregoing.
Dovetail will have the right to investigate and prosecute violations of this Policy to the fullest extent of the law. Dovetail may involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who violate this Policy. You acknowledge that Dovetail has no obligation to monitor your access to or use of the Services, or to review or edit any Customer Data, but it has the right to do so for the purpose of operating the Services, to ensure your compliance with this Policy, or to comply with applicable law or the order or requirement of a court, administrative agency or other governmental body.
Give us feedback
Was this article useful?